Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Challenge Day 1

My mystery lower back pain has me thinking a lot more about practicing what I preach.

I have to admit that I have caught myself lifting a lot lately with my lower back. And now that I think about it, this is something I have done a lot over my life.

I'm a strong chick. And I have always lifted with my back with the thought that it was okay because I was strong and using "good form". It's like I've been dead lifting everything.

Truth is, it doesn't matter how good my form has been. Lifting like that was stressing my back out so much.

It's likely that, without having a habit of using your legs to lift, you are lifting with your back as well. I have caught many of my clients lifting with their backs in the beginning. Think about it over the next few days.

So what should we do?

Use our legs.

It doesn't matter if you are only picking up an almond you dropped on the ground or putting clothes in the drier... remember to use your legs.

This is my challenge to you... Use your legs!

It's almost amusing to think of how much this would help most people. To use those large muscles in your legs more often would bring many benefits including building core strength and burning extra calories.

To my BALers...
It's very exciting that you will be able to track your calories in and out with the GoWearFit armband and online info. Keep this challenge in mind when you start looking for that extra burn throughout your day.

Ready? Set? Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment